Wanted! Board Members and a new Chair
Healthwatch Greenwich's Chair has recently stood down, following a successful four year term, transforming Healthwatch Greenwich into am effective independent organisation. We are now seeking a new Chair to continue the good work and take us to the next step in our journey.
We are also looking for new Board Members to help support and oversee our work.
Do you live, work or access services in the the Royal Borough of Greenwich?
Do you want to help discover, shape and improve people's experience of health and social care in the Borough?
Do you have the skills, knowledge or experience to help us thrive as an independent non-profit organisation?
Healthwatch Greenwich Ltd is a non-profit company limited by guarantee. Our board members are directors of the company and have responsibility for the governance and strategic direction for the organisation, including:
- Determining strategic direction and agreeing policies.
- Ensuring the activities of Healthwatch Greenwich reach the diverse communities of the borough, not just the views of majority groups or high profile issues.
- Overseeing control and risk management arrangements.
- Ensuring that Healthwatch Greenwich achieves its aims and objectives.
- Support operational management and the implementation of Board policies.
- Being part of a small, focused team engaging with the public and seeking to deliver real improvements in health and social care locally.
In particular, we're looking for people with the following skills, experience or knowledge:
- Current social care, health and children’s services policy
- Experience of commercial and social enterprises
- CRM management
- PR, comms, media and marketing
- Quality assurance
- Non-profit/charity governance and regulation
- Policy and research
If you have any of the above and can volunteer a couple of hours a month, then please download the recruitment pack and application form here:
Initial deadline for applications is 15th December 2017 (although this may be extended depending on response)
For an informal conversation about the role or Healthwatch Greenwich, please call Rikki Garcia (Chief Executive) on 020 8301 8340 or email email@example.com
N.B. This is a voluntary role, although reasonable expenses are paid.