In order for you to feel comfortable and confident in carrying out your volunteering role, all volunteers will:
- be given a full induction into Healthwatch
- be provided with training (if needed)
- if carrying out engagement, work alongside a member of staff who will support them on outreach
- if working as a representative, work with the Management Committee and Healthwatch Team to ensure their attendance and contribution at meetings are valued
- be given the chance to meet with other volunteers to share their experiences
- have 1-2-1 meetings with a member of the Healthwatch team in order to talk about their experience as a volunteer and what they may need
- be reimbursed for all out of pocket expenses (such as travel)
If you are selected to become a representative, you will have an induction session, where you will get information to support you in your representative role.
Before you begin representing Healthwatch, we will also try to set up a meeting for you with the Chair of the Board (or other meeting) you will be attending. The Communications and Involment Officer will ensure that you are in contact with officers who will provide you with dates of meetings, agendas and other papers. The Communications and Involvement Officer will continue to be available, by phone, e-mail or 1-2-1 meeting, to answer any queries you may have about the role.
As you settle into the role, you will be offered regular 1-2-1 meetings, information bulletins and training opportunities to maintain and update your skills.
If you are interested in the possibility of becoming a representative, contact Clive Mardner on 020 8301 8340 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.